Virtual Terminal Credit Card Processing
Use a virtual terminal to accept credit card payments over the phone or online.
Expand your business model by using a virtual terminal for credit card processing.
Not all credit card sales can be transacted in person. Grow your business by expanding your credit card processing options–use a virtual terminal!
What is a virtual terminal?
A virtual terminal is a specialized function within a payment gateway–a technology that allows a business to process a credit card when the card is not present. You may already have a retail terminal or POS that you use to swipe a card. The virtual credit card terminal serves the same function as the physical terminal, but instead of swiping the card, the merchant keys in the credit card information to an online portal to get credit card approval.
The best virtual terminals include the ability to:
- Access a transaction page through a web browser–no specialized hardware or software required
- Transact anywhere through an app used with a smartphone or tablet
- Accept all major debit and credit cards (i.e., Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover)
- Provide online invoicing
- Create web payment forms to let customers enter their own credit card data
Using a Virtual Terminal through eMerchantGateway
Our own eMerchantGateway is built on an industry-leading payment gateway technology. It provides easy-to-use virtual terminal card processing along with a variety of other gateway payment options and best-practice security features.
From your computer, you can log into the browser-based portal at eMerchantGateway.com. From your tablet or smartphone, you can also download the eMerchant app and access your virtual terminal. Customers can pay with debit or credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover). The process is simple. To accept phone orders, for example, all you need to do is…
- Log into your eMerchantGateway account
- Key in your customer’s card information
- Key in the amount of the sale
- Print a receipt or other documentation
- Email a receipt
- Batch upload transactions from a CSV file (a preferred practice for some business types)
- If you happen to have the card present, connect your virtual credit card terminal to your wireless card reader, for example, to save you from manual entry
Recurring billing is an example of a more advanced feature available using the eMerchantGateway technology. It allows you to set up subscriptions, memberships and other periodic billing cycles. Customer credit cards can be charged automatically. This can improve both your operations and your cash flow.
Rest assured that your virtual payment processing is secure. We provide the highest level of PCI DSS Compliance in the industry. We also secure customer data through tokenization technology. Plus, eMerchantGateway provides over 20 fraud modules to protect your business.
Getting started with virtual terminal card processing through eMerchantGateway is easy…you can be up and running within a matter of days. eMerchant can also provide USAePay, Authorize.Net, NMI and PayPals Payflow Pro. Contact us and we can help you find the best fit for you.
Grow your Business with Virtual Terminal Credit Card Processing
If you already have a brick-and-mortar store with a retail terminal or POS, swiping a credit card will give you the lowest Interchange rate. If the card is present, swiping the card is the best choice. But what about taking credit card payments over the phone or online? Business owners must adapt to how customers want to do business, and face-to-face transactions are not always the most convenient way for customers to buy your product or service. Getting a virtual terminal can provide you with expanded options for serving your customers in a secure way and can improve the efficiency of your business operations. Here are some examples:
- Take phone orders for curbside or home delivery
- Set up online payment forms for a class
- Email invoices to customers (for online payment) for a professional service
- Take orders for products on-the-go at tradeshows or pop-up events
- Set up subscriptions for customers who purchase products frequently
- Automate memberships to reduce paper billing
Let us help you discover how a virtual terminal can increase your sales potential! Already conducting virtual payment processing through a different gateway? Let us provide you with a free rate review and show you the difference working with eMerchant can make in your business!
Access a transaction page through a web browser–no specialized hardware or software required
Transact anywhere through an app used with a smartphone or tablet
Accept all major debit and credit cards (i.e., Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover)
Dedicated Account Manager
Call us today for a Rate Proposal!
*Some restrictions may apply