Tips for securing your online business
Keep your business safe using credit card fraud prevention tools from eMerchant.
Credit card fraud causes billions of dollars in losses each year. Any merchant who accepts credit cards is susceptible, but ecommerce merchants are particularly at risk because they are not able to verify the physical card and/or the authorized user. That is why card-not-present transactions have a higher interchange rate.
There are many steps a merchant can take to guard against credit card fraud. Here are some tips from our experts. For additional information, read our comprehensive article on ecommerce fraud.
- For card-present transactions, make sure you use up to date EMV compliant card readers.
- For card-not-present transactions, such as phone and mail orders, choose a payment gateway, like eMerchantGateway, with robust fraud prevention The most common include:
- Address Verification – verifies billing address and zip code
- Card ID Checker – use of the 3 or 4-digit CVV/CVV2
- Multiple Credit Cards – helps to prevent credit card testing
- If have an online store, choose additional platform security settings such as restricting IP addresses or enabling reCAPTCHA. Our shopping cart software, eCommerceCart has these settings and more to help combat credit card fraud.
- Utilize third-party apps and integrations to add an additional layer of protection from credit card fraud. eMerchant help connect your systems to several strategic partners in the areas of detection and mitigation.
Navigating credit card fraud prevention is complicated. With 18+ years of experience in ecommerce and retail payments, we can help. eMerchant Account Managers guide clients on how to implement fraud prevention measures. Contact us today to learn how our team can help you.
Multiple Banking Partners – We provide the right fit for your growing business which includes best rates, most generous processing limits, quickest funding and most liberal approvals.
Multiple Gateway Choices – Plugging into any shopping cart is never a problem for eMerchant.
Multiple Hardware Options – Find the right terminal or Wireless Device with our knowledgeable staff
Old Fashioned, “Customer Comes First” attitude! Contact us today to speak with one of our credit card processing experts.